Friday, November 7, 2008

Ah...corporate downsizing


So, have you heard about the rising unemployment rates all over the country? Well, as of Dec 31, 2008- I will join the ranks of the unemployed thanks to corporate downsizing. That is, of course, if I cannot find a suitable job prior to that date. Not exactly the best time to be on the job market- just take a peek at the daily news if you doubt me. Alas, I am not looking at this as a reason to be depressed.Rather, I am looking at it as an opportunity for growth and change. I have been with my current company for 8 years, and it will be an odd feeling to not report to this office. But, I feel confident that a bright horizon is ahead. I have dusted off my resume and am in the process of updating and polishing. I shall keep my chin up and march forward and not look back....

2 comments:

  1. Look for a workplace that employes a bunch of single men. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...that will be my first interview question :-) The next will be...do any of them speak with a Scottish accent? LOL

    ReplyDelete